I am a first generation Latina born and raised in Los Angeles and living in Sacramento. I am a lifelong community advocate and nerdy goofball who is in touch with all my feels. My mission in life is to use clarity, compassion, and comic relief make the world a better place. I put my passions to work professionally as a project manager working on statewide criminal justice issues and creatively as a poet, storyteller, and self-proclaimed extreme crafter.
I am also a foodie, pop culture enthusiast, curator of fun facts, sister, daughter, and aunt. I love cooking, coffee, puns, thrift stores, knitting, hip hop, home decor, and my huge hilarious Mexican family. All of which I have a poem or story about. I am now venturing into writing, performing, coaching, and other creative endeavors in order to let my purpose come out and play and inspire others to do the same.
Professional/Educational Accomplishments and Honors:
- Master in Public Administration from the University of Southern California (Fight On!)
- BA in Political Science from California State University, Northridge (Go Matadors!)
- Alumna, Education Pioneers Fellowship
- Alumna, Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs
Personal Accomplishments and Honors:
- Daughter of Jose & Natalia, sister to 7 siblings, Tia to 22 nieces and nephews
- Resourceful reinventor of leftovers
- Founder and Chief Merriment Officer at OffTheClocker.com